cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davidft
Message 1 of 2

How do I get BT to repair my phone line?

Our line has been out of order since Wednesday 13 Feb. We have no mobile signal and therefore asked to be kept in contact by email (we have satellite broadband as we live in a country area). I have had no emails except a couple of bland "we will repair your phone from a   "Warren Buckley" " - is he real?.

Monday an engineer appeared - no appointment, lucky I was in. He spent some time testing and came to the conclusion the fault is 1062 meters from our house. But he could do nothing about it as it is an overhead line and he is not qaulified.

Wednesday morning another engineer appeared - no appointment again. We were not available. He went away.

I phoned and an appointment was made for today, 27th Feb. No engineer turned up.

I phoned. They said that they are working on it. I am sorry but that is b******t. I have to drive past the overhead line and there has been no BT/OpenReach presence there at all.

I asked to be informed by email by the end of the day what was happening. No email.

Two weeks. No phone. Any advice please?

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 2

Re: How do I get BT to repair my phone line?

@davidft wrote:

I phoned. They said that they are working on it. I am sorry but that is b******t. I have to drive past the overhead line and there has been no BT/OpenReach presence there at all.

The fault tracker system used by the call centres will show that the fault  is currently issued to an engineer not as you think that it is physically being worked on.

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.