cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
colldan1987
Message 1 of 6

How do i get an engineer FREE OF CHARGE to come and take a look at the trees laying over the BT wire

Go to solution
Hello I have a tree at the back of my house and it is soo big it is crossing over the BT wires I called up and the fella said to email or fill in form online (cannot find it) how do I get someone out to take a look FREE OF CHARGE. Thank you Collette
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: How do i get an engineer FREE OF CHARGE to come and take a look at the trees laying over the BT

Go to solution

If it is your tree on your property then it is your responsibility to get it cut back if necessary, Openreach (it is nothing to do with BT) will only do anything about it if a fault on the line occurs.

0 Ratings
colldan1987
Message 3 of 6

Re: How do i get an engineer FREE OF CHARGE to come and take a look at the trees laying over the BT

Go to solution
Hello

Thanks for replying it's not my tree it's in a communal area. Don't know whonthr tree belongs to its not council. But the tree is all in the lines...
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

I doubt Openreach will be interested until a fault develops on one of the lines, you could try calling them on 0800 023 2023 and see what they say.

0 Ratings
Starwire
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution
As stated Openreach will not really concern themselves with it until it goes faulty.

Even when it does they’ll just cut and draw a new cable through the tree.

Do call that number though and raise a Damage Report Overhead Fault. It’ll be a nice easy Flex Off Friday job for someone.
0 Ratings
colldan1987
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution
Thank you 🙂
0 Ratings