Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
kendouk
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

How long to fix phone/broadband fault

Go to solution
I reported a problem on 25/02/18, I got the usual we will get back to you in 48 hours, in fact I’ve had that line about 10 times now, we are 19 days down the line now and still no idea when I will be back online.. I get a call every day from the offshore team who just repeat their scripts which to be honest make me more mad because they tell me nothing except we will update you in 48 hours. I’ve had so many false promises of fix days as well as bits of information which now feel like lies. Living in a rural location with no mobile signal a land line is only contact with family/emergency so it’s been a nightmare that has no end in sight. What’s the best pathway to go down if you are extremely unhappy with service? I don’t seem to be able to get anyone to listen.
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: How long to fix phone/broadband fault

Go to solution

Hi @kendouk I'm sorry to hear that it is taking longer than expected to fix the fault with your service. 

It sounds like there maybe cable needing replaced or traffic management required when it has not been fixed by now. We will be happy to look into what is causing the delay and update you if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

0 Ratings
blue7
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Kendouk........I had a similar problem where I went through 3 weeks without phone line/broadband. In the end I contacted my local MP (who happens to be a QC and have his own law firm) also spoke to a local councelor interested in improving the village service. Action began to happen and the PA to the BT big boses seemed to be involved....fixed within a couple of days.

I am actually going through another fault....2 weeks of "found it fixed it".......NO still there......."found it fixed it"....NO still there...and this morning "ah have found a fault in the system 24/48 hours to fix so it is not your phone as we sugested"

HO HUM...we will see.  At least i still have broadband and get calls...just the call guardian and caller display not working properly.

0 Ratings
kendouk
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

So after 22 days two engineers came and found a lightening strike had welded the wires together, that's  where the problem was and oh isn't that what I told BT 22 days ago!!!!!! 

0 Ratings