Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
aq
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 16

How to get my address onto the phone providers database

Hello,

none of the phone providers have my address listed on their database, including BT. I have a working line etc in this new build house (3 years ago) but like many of my neighbours our postcode is listed but with many homes missing. How can this be sorted out? Thanks.

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
iniltous
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 16

Re: How to get my address onto the phone providers database

Who provides your current service ?, contact them and request an ORDI (Openreach database integrity) enquiry, if BT are not your service provider , then posting on a BT Consumer forum isn’t going to get your issue addressed.

aq
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 16

Thanks for your words. They are indeed BT.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 16

is your address correct on the royal mail database?  you need to check this first before progressing

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
aq
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 16

Hello,

yes it is correct. The new house took up to 12 months for all other services to recognise it. However the phone database has never been updated or correct in the first place.

Cheers.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 16

Hi @aq,

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting. I'll be able to help you get the address details corrected.

I've sent you a PM with details on how you can contact the Mods Team.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 7 of 16

Hi @aq 

Thanks for sending your details, I'm very sorry for this delay in getting back to you.

I can see there is indeed a mismatch so please leave this with me, I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Thanks

Community ModeratorStephanie
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
aq
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 16

Thanks. Roughly what sort of time span would it be? Cheers.

0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 9 of 16

Hi @aq 

I tried calling you there, sorry I missed you.

I checked this over, and the reason your landline number is not being recognised on broadband checkers is because it is actually fibre to the premises, so the number and the line do not exist on a copper connection.

You won't receive a result when you use your number, as there's no copper line for it. Your address is correct with Openreach, and if you go to https://www.openreach.com/ and do an address search, your full address does come up, but it'll not be linked to your landline number for that reason.

What are you trying to do (e.g. move home, move providers, or something else)? 

Thanks

Community ModeratorStephanie
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
aq
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 16

Afternoon,

thanks. Yes I have tried to look at options including re-contract at BT. But they and Sky, Plusnet, NOW all don't accept it as an address with a line. Their database of addresses all say "computer says no". How can this be changed? It will always be a problem in years ahead otherwise.

Cheers,

A P King

0 Ratings