Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pompey1898
Expert
Message 11 of 16

Re: How to get my address onto the phone providers database

@aqwrote:

Afternoon,

thanks. Yes I have tried to look at options including re-contract at BT. But they and Sky, Plusnet, NOW all don't accept it as an address with a line. Their database of addresses all say "computer says no". How can this be changed? It will always be a problem in years ahead otherwise.

Cheers,

A P King

Is that because none of the three you mention offer FTTP ?  What happens if you try some of the providers that do ?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 16

Try phoning the FTTP team on 08005874787 and see if they can help

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
aq
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 16

I knew nothing of this FTTP so I am querying it and not understanding. I take your point but you miss the mention of BT not having it in their database either. Yet they supply the phone and broadband. Yes some of these suppliers I had never heard of can service me but at a cost which seems high for a monthly batch of emails and web browsing.

0 Ratings
pompey1898
Expert
Message 14 of 16

You can't get a Ferrari for the same price as a Fiesta

0 Ratings
aq
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 16

Shame that I cannot get a simple Reliant Robin service because that is what I basically require.

0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 16 of 16

Hi @aq 

I'm really sorry for all the confusion with this.

The best thing to do first of all is to give the Fibre to the Home guys a ring, they'll be able to review your account and see if any offers are available to you.

If you wanted to move away from a Fibre to the Home service altogether, then either we or your new chosen provider would likely need install a new copper line up to your property. This is why your current telephone number doesn't work on broadband checkers - because these checkers go by data on copper lines, and your number of on a fibre line.

Please give the FTTH team a ring, and let us know how you get on. They are definitely the team that will be able to give you more information. 

Thanks

0 Ratings