Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 21

Re: How to set up a divert to mobile

Go to solution

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
gspearson
Expert
Message 12 of 21

Go to solution
Thank you. As Sod's Law applies, if I let the engineer come, the fault will never recur. If I don't, it will do it every week for the rest of my life.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 21

Go to solution

@gspearson wrote:
Thank you. As Sod's Law applies, if I let the engineer come, the fault will never recur. If I don't, it will do it every week for the rest of my life.

There has to be a bad connection somewhere. It sound like a connection on the exchange frame, which has not been soldered, and is just wrapped around, and making an intermittent connection.

It needs a full quality check. If that does not fix it, then a change of EN (Equipment Number) in the exchange, would rule out an issue with the exchange line card.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 21

Go to solution

@gspearson I would be inclined to let the visit go ahead, the engineer can not raise a charge if no fault is found. I'll send you a private message with details of how you can contact the moderation team if you'd like the mod team to help with this fault. 

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
gspearson
Expert
Message 15 of 21

Go to solution

@NeilO  Thank you. PM received.  I'll report to the Forum how Wednesday goes.

Geoff

0 Ratings
gspearson
Expert
Message 16 of 21

Go to solution

The engineer came and reported all well here. He replaced the VDSL plate, as a matter of course and has put notes on the record so I won't have to do this again.  

I will just need to deal with the problem if it happens again.

Many thanks to Keith and Neil for their advice. 

Geoff

0 Ratings
gspearson
Expert
Message 17 of 21

Go to solution

It happened again - the day after the engineer came.  Landline dead.  Half an hour on the mobile to report the fault and another engineer coming tomorrow (£85 if it is my equipment).  

The call handler, in Liverpool, offered to log the fault and a complaint as this is the third time in two weeks.  

Still no offer to divert calls to my mobile when engaged - currently calls go straight to 1571 but I don't know they have been made.

@NeilO's kind offer to take this on has been accepted.

Geoff

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 21

Go to solution

Hi @gspearson,

I'm sorry to hear that it has happened again. We will get this picked up for you and we will be in touch.

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
gspearson
Expert
Message 19 of 21

Go to solution
Thank you. Geoff
Highlighted
gspearson
Expert
Message 20 of 21

Go to solution

All fixed. The PSTN engineer came, connected an oscillator to the line and then went to the cabinet across the road. An adjacent connection was touching my cable and causing a LOOP fault.  45 minutes and everything back to normal.  Thank you to the mods for watching over this.