Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
bm25490
Message 1 of 7

I HAVE BEEN SLAMMED BY BT

Hello there,

I had an Orange phone line and Broadband. 4 weeks ago our phoneline went dead. We were advised by Orange that our phoneline was "slammed" by BT. We did not give BT any reason at all to think that we wished to switch our line and no consent was remotely given.

Orange have advised us that they can reactivate our line if we get the new phone number from BT. However, BT refuse to give us the phone number until we "give them our account details". Of course, BT have no details on file for us because WE HAVE NEVER OPENED AN ACCOUNT.

Obviously this is EXTREMELY frustrating and inconvenient, we have been without phone and internet for close to a month. We are being billed by Orange for services which we would like refunded by BT. We have also had to resort to purchasing BTFON which is an extremely expensive alternative given the cheap broadband package we were on, we would also like this compensated.

We have registered a complaint with OFCOM and will be following up aggresively if this problem is not resolved ASAP. we have been promised several callbacks from BT and of course, received none.

Not only am I outaged that this can happen which basically amounts to theft of our utilities, but I am extremely disappointed by the complete lack of resolve shown by your company at helping us resolve this.

Any advice on how to proceed from forum members would be greatly appreciated - we feel like we have no options.

Thanks,

Ben

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
bm25490
Message 2 of 7

Re: I HAVE BEEN SLAMMED BY BT

We have also sent an email to the forum moderators titled Slammed Phone Line

0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 3 of 7

Hi bm25490,

We'll be happy to give you a hand with this and do everything possible to get the probem sorted out.

Thx

Craig

BTCare Community Mod

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry but we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)”
td-p/30">Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 7

Hi.

Did you use this form, http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951

I am not sure if the mods are able to help now that you have registered the complaint with ofcom, hope i am wrong and they will be in touch. It can take , maybe 3 days before they are able to respond to you.

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
PaulVarjak
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Someone at BT ordered service in my name at my address. I have the person's name and the Call Centre they work from. The 'offline' order was made on 24 December @13.31 hours so that the sales person could generate commission for themselves. I only learned of the order on 11 January when a BT Home Hub 3 was delivered to me.

I suspect that the same person placed other orders around Xmas - he certainly started a second order in my name on Xmas Day! There is a distinct possibility that your order was also made by a BT sales person around Xmas time when he had little else to do and wanted to generate some income when no other staff were around!

In my case, my line was NOT slammed - the sale person ordered a second phone line in my name. I am pursuing BT for compensation and seeking an assurance that no further fraudulent orders will be placed in my name. Trying to pursue my complaint has been an absolute nightmare!

Managers at the Call Centre where the fraudulent salesperson is based (Bangalore, India) are denying that its staff were involved; instead, they blame the Doncaster Call Centre in the UK or maintain that the order was placed on-line.

I have now escalated my complaint to the Company Secretary.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 7

Hi, I don't believe BT sales is based in Bangalore India.

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
PaulVarjak
Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Although sales calls are not generally transferred to Bangalore, I have had several BT staff (including staff in Bangalore) confirm to me that staff in Bangalore can raise orders for service.

0 Ratings