cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AaronC
Message 1 of 8

I can hear other peoples telephone conversations & broadband isn't working.

Recently (about a week ago) our broadband stopped working randomly.

I called BT and they said they would send an engineer out to fix the problem and informed me that if the problem was with our equipment then we would be charged a fee, even though the line - equipment and anything in between is operated and owned by BT/Openreach.

The engineer then contacted me and said he wanted immediate access into my property. I said this wasn't possible as I wasn't at the property so he said I must contact BT again and re-arrange this appointment.

This engineer was particularly rude on the telephone.

I have arranged for another engineer to come to my property in the next two weeks.

But today our land line phone rang and there were two people in the conversation, I had entered a conversation with two other people talking to each other, one of them a TalkTalk support operator and the other a gentleman from my town (i have received this gentlemans information and his permission to contact him in the future, we are both unhappy with this and both submitting formal complaints)

I then realised that when this gentlemans phone rings, it also rings on our line.

I spoke to this gentleman for 15 minutes and he also said that he had problems with his broadband and telephone. An engineer visited his property but the issue is still there, and he thinks has become worse.

I have also found that we haven't been receiving any incoming calls on our land line for the past week at least.

Can you resolve this BT.

Note: our broadband and line both seemed to be working fine a month ago, but I did receive a lot of calls from people I presume were looking for the gentleman mentioned above.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: I can hear other peoples telephone conversations & broadband isn't working.

Sounds like a crossed line and you need to report phone fault to 151

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
AaronC
Message 3 of 8

Thanks imjolly for the super fast reply,

I dialed 151

'Welcome to TalkTalk'

Don't I wan't to speak to the BT operator?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

try 0800800151
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 8

151 on a bt line is the correct number for phone faults or try online chat https://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact/c/2902/?s_intcid=con_intban_sanda_contact_us_chat_from_forums

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

Dou you pay BT for your line rental and calls, or are you a TalkTalk customer?

0 Ratings
AaronC
Message 7 of 8

We are with BT.

The gentleman who's line is crossed with ours is a TalkTalk customer.

That's why we are having trouble contacting BT, because when we dial 151 it thinks our line is with TalkTalk when it is not and puts me through to a TalkTalk operator.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

Then you will have to use the 0800 number, or report the fault online.

0 Ratings