cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LHampson
Message 1 of 2

I can't get phone fault fixed

BT is driving me crazy. I have lost my phone line (no dial tone) but the broadband on the same line is fine. Using the website I get into an unavoidable loop which always goes back to a line test and then always reports " Consumer Fault tracking - Error notification. Sorry we cant complete your request at the moment due to technical error. Please try again", It also says there are no general service faults in our area. If I call the fault number the automated system again does a line test while I wait and then does nothing but suggests I try the website as speaking someone is very difficult as there are long delays (not a good idea for me on my mobile).

Has anyone any ideas how to move forward? 

LH

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 2

Re: I can't get phone fault fixed

have you tried testing your phone from the test socket to eliminate any problems with your internal wring.  broadband can work of 1 of the 2 wires connected but would be slower than normal  test socket.jpg

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings