cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Hawksworth
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

I have lost all my saved numbers on my BT4500 and I cannot manually re-enter them, after a power cut

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: I have lost all my saved numbers on my BT4500 and I cannot manually re-enter them, after a power

Hi @Hawksworth

What happens when you try and input a number to store? Do you get a message displayed on the screen? 

Have you tried the basics? Unplug the base station leave for a few minutes then plug back in, remove batteries from the handset, then place back in? 

You could try a handset reset outlined on page 58 of the BT 4500 User Guide 

or call the product helpline 0800 1456789

0 Ratings
Hawksworth
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Re: I have lost all my saved numbers on my BT4500 and I cannot manually re-enter them, after a power

Thanks for getting back, I have tried unplugging base station for a few minutes, no joy. I have tried removing batteries and reinserting them, no joy. After re entering a number into the handset I just get a row of zeros. I have tried resetting, no joy. I am at a loss, I have rung the helpline number and was told to redial on a 0906 number, which will cost me 65 p a minute, no thanks they could have me hanging on costing me a small fortune. The phones were working normally before the power cut lasting no more than 3 hours.

0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 4

Hi @Hawksworth

Sorry about the phone number, it must be a recent change as it’s not reflected on the help pages. 

You can also Email The Product Helpdesk 

0 Ratings