cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
bigdave1980
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

ISDN2 not in use currently, testing faulty, should it be?

Go to solution

Hi All,

A customer of ours has a BT ISDN2 circuit. They don't usually use this circuit for anything, it's reserved for when companies such as the BBC do live radio broadcasts from their premises (it's a large hotel). They have a broadcast for BBC Radio 5 coming up in a few weeks so have asked us to make sure the ISDN2 is still working ok.

There is currently no equipment plugged into the ISDN2 NTE so the green light is flashing, which is perfectly normal (means it can see the BT exchange but not the customer equipment).

I ran a BT line test on it via our portal (I work for a BT channel partner) and it failed, urging me to log a fault with BT. So I logged it as a ticket with BT and they quickly came back saying that it was RWT (which I believe means it was Right When Tested).

My question is, should the circuit be testing faulty just because there is no epuipment plugged into the NTE? My ex-BT colleague says that it should not, but I wanted to double-check that. The end user has no ISDN2 equipment to plug into it to test it. I can log another ticket with BT and ask them to visit the end user premises but I am aware that there will be a charge for this if no fault is found.

Thanks,

Dave

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: ISDN2 not in use currently, testing faulty, should it be?

Go to solution
Welcome to the BT Residential forum

As you are a business user, please could you post on the BT Business forum at http://business.forums.bt.com/
as no one here can assist you with this problem
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution
I was lead to believe that the green light needs to be steadily lit.
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
bigdave1980
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Hi Devon_Dave,

The green light will be steadily lit when equipment is plugged into the box. The light has 3 states:

Off - The box cannot see the BT exchange equipment (is not getting power from the exchange).

Flashing - The box can see the BT exchange equipment but not the end user equipment (PBX switched off or unplugged).

On - The box can see the BT exchange and the end user equipment.

Looks like this wa the wrong place to post the question, should be on the business forum, but hopefully this information might prove useful to somebody else one day.

Cheers,

Dave

0 Ratings
bigdave1980
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution
0 Ratings