Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stinchy1979
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Incoming Calls

Can anyone help please?

We are having problems recieving incoming calls.

We can make outgoing calls and broadband is fine.

When someone tries to call, our landline phone rings once then cuts off.

We have tried two different phones in the test socket and still we have this problem.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Incoming Calls

phone BT faults and report the fault
0 Ratings
Darvide
Message 3 of 5

stinchy1979: Have noticed your post 30-08-2015.  We are having the same problem since late 2018.  Different phones connected to the landline make no difference.  An incoming call rings typically twice and then stops.  We also know people on the same 01273 prefix (Brighton) with the same problem.  When I ring the BT helpline they just test our landline and say it is OK.  I think it must be in the BT network, not on our premises.  Possibly at the exchange.

Did you get any explanation or solution to your problem?  

darvide

0 Ratings
pompey1898
Expert
Message 4 of 5

Hi @Darvide,

I doubt @stinchy1979 is still on here after more than 3 years without any response.

The advice to you would be the same as given by @john46, ring faults on 151 and report a phone fault.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 5

Before you report the fault, ensure you have tried a know working corded phone into the test point of your main telephone socket. This is done to prove the fault off any internal wiring or equipment that maybe causing your ring trip.
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings