cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Davacer
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Incoming phone cable

I am getting a new front door pvc. Existing wooden door frame has been drilled and phone cable to main phone box is entering the house through the door frame.  Will my double gazing installer be able to rework this or will BT send an engineer out to reinstall. Thanks

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Incoming phone cable

openreach will more than likely charge you for moving the cable  not sure I would trust double glazing installer so probably best is look in local phone pages and get telecom engineer a lot cheaper 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Jake883
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

I would maybe ask the glazing installer if they are comfortable moving the cable.
Normally if they are not ofay with moving cables the simply wont do it.

If they won't do it then i would recommend getting either a telecom supplier or a CCTV fitter to install it as it would be cheaper than Openreach

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

whoever you get to make the alteration make sure you disconnect hub first before starting the work and onlt reconnect when happy wiring is ok - test with a phone to ensure dial tone and no noise

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings