Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
neacag
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Incorrect address registered with OpenReach

Go to solution

Openreach has the wrong address for my property. The property was a new build several years ago and the original order was for a plot number which was changed to house name and number seven years ago. Have contacted both BT and Openreach to change this but to no avail. Could this be checked for me please? Fibre has been rolled out to my whole community but I am unable to get it due to the problem with the address. It's stopping me from getting fibre which is essential in a rural area.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Incorrect address registered with OpenReach

Go to solution

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

I assume you are currently a BT Retail customer, and your address is correct on the Royal mail Postcode Database?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

You need to decide which ISP you are going to use and when you place order they get openreach database updated using ORDI request. You may need to get a phone line installed initially again select your provider

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
neacag
Beginner
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks. I am a BT customer and my address is correct on the Royal Mail database.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
LittleHelper
Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution
Then it is BT who need to get that update for you. You either need to call them or hopefully a mod on these forums will pop by for you.

Basically an ORDI (OpenReach Data Integrity) needs raising like the last person said. It's basically an automatic system that an advisor needs to send an email to and tell it to get the records updated, can take a little while for it to complete after sending the email though.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @neacag Drop us over your details by clicking on my profile and selecting the contact the mods option and we will get this updated for you. 
Please include your full address as listed with Royal Mail on the form.

Cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @neacag, Thanks for sending over your details. I've forwarded the request to correct your address to Openreach and they normally take around 7 days to complete this. Once I hear back I'll drop back and confirm it's been updated for you.

Cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @neacag. Your address records are now updated. Please can you check and let me know if you are still having a problem with placing an order.

Cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings