cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Message 11 of 15

Re: Installation of new phone line to house

@Jaeskelly I have to agree, that does not look good.

I gather you had a complaint open for your fault? It is possible to raise a poor workmanship request.

As @Keith_Beddoe said, we (BT) will be able to do this, essentially it involves us sending a complaint to Openreach (regardless of who completed the work - be it Openreach or a contractor).

Then it's usually sent to a local manager and they take it from there. The whole process can take a few weeks, but I think in this case it is warranted. Please keep us posted.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 12 of 15

Thanks for the info. I raised a complaint 2 weeks ago. Since then an openreach engineer has come and rectified the issue. Because the original engineer, who was an openreach engineer, has drilled into my pvc soffet, that is also going to be replaced. Not sure whether openreach will get back to me on that or whether I'll have to chase it up
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 13 of 15

@Jaeskelly wrote:
 Since then an openreach engineer has come and rectified the issue.

@Jaeskelly great news, glad to hear it!

@Jaeskelly wrote:
Not sure whether openreach will get back to me on that or whether I'll have to chase it up

If they have agreed that there is still more to be done, then they absolutely should get back to you.

As you've said you will need your PVC soffit replaced, I actually don't know exactly what their process would be in this instance,  as they might need the help of trained contractors? 

Did you raise a complaint directly to Openreach, or was the complaint raised by BT on your behalf? How long ago was the work to fix the poor workmanship completed?

Openreach should contact you directly either way, but if it's been a couple of weeks since the work was done then now would be time to give them a little nudge.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 14 of 15

It's been a week. Think he said their repairs department would be in touch. I'll give it until midweek and follow it up with the current complaint reference
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 15 of 15

@Jaeskelly that sounds reasonable, let us know how it goes. By the sound of it, they were fairly quick in getting the ball rolling initially so hopefully it won't be much longer before they contact you back 🙂

0 Ratings