cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ptrlynch
Message 1 of 3

Is an engineer installation required?

Morning,

I recently moved flat and whilst I had BT Infinity at my old flat, the new one doesnt support this so I've downgraded to a normal ADSL package.

I'm told there is a minimum of 16 days for an engineer to come and set up the new line as it's a new build. My question is, is it necessary to have an engineer attend the premises? We already have the equipment from the old flat, and the following is from my resident handbook for the new flat;

'The home is wired with a Master BT Outlet within the hallway store cupboard. An application, direct to BT, needs to be made get this accessory connected and made operational. It is unlikely that the telecoms installer will have to do any work within the home as the phoneline can be made live from outside your home'

Any help appreciated, as the earliest available appointment for an engineer is the 12 September.

Thanks

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Is an engineer installation required?

It sound like Openreach need to check the wiring before the connection goes live
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 3

Re: Is an engineer installation required?

They may well have to put a tracking tone on your line to confirm where it appears at your local streetside cabinet.

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings