cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
antiFX
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Is it possible for BT to replace a very old NTE5 box?

Hello,  I would like to enquire if it's possible for a BT engineer to be arranged to replace a VERY old NTE5 box with the old BT T logo. The box is old, discoloured and is on the verge of coming apart. If it's possible how much would this cost?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Is it possible for BT to replace a very old NTE5 box?

if there is not a problem with your phoneline like hiss or crackle then openreach won't replace it for free.  you could still get an engineer callout and get him to replace it but would cost £129.99 http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12439/c/

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
antiFX
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

I understand, thanks how would I go about contacting BT about this only via phone? Or can I use the e-mail/live services provided on the website?

0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 4

You should be able to use the live services or ring 0800 800 151 - hopefully whoever you speak to understands what you want.

0 Ratings