cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ZooBurner
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 4

Is it possible to stop all outgoing calls on a BT landline ?

Years ago I recall you could get a landline that only accepted incoming calls.

I Have a friend who has had charges for premuim numbers added to his account when I know for a fact he was out and I'm worried about the same happening to me.

Is there any way to stop all outgoing calls from a BT landline, I only have mine because i need it for broadband and all calls are made on mobile which is much cheaper and a large allowance included.  This would mean that should charges be added then for certain they would be bogus.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES
iniltous
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Is it possible to stop all outgoing calls on a BT landline ?

Yes , it's called ( unsurprisingly ) outgoing calls barred (OCB) this can be set at exchange level , so you cannot override it , and AFAIK , there is a monthly charge, or as a 'star service', where you can add and remove call baring as you see fit with a pass code ( useful if you need to make a call and your mobile isn't available,) again with a monthly cost
0 Ratings
Highlighted
ZooBurner
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 4

They charge you for not being able to make calls !!!

So either way they get the money ?

0 Ratings
Markdc
Message 4 of 4

I guess you want to know about call barring.

To 'bar outgoing calls' from your phone, dial *34code#, using the appropriate code from the table below.
For example *343# would bar all international calls. An announcement will confirm it's activated.

To check if 'Call Barring on outgoing calls' is active, dial *#34#

To cancel barring on outgoing calls, dial #34code*PIN#, using the relevant code from the table below.

0 Ratings