cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
feegee
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Is the Call Protect feature only for the privileged few ?

Go to solution

I received an email a couple of weeks ago reminding me about the above feature and that it was free so after a spate of unwanted calls i decided to activate it today via MyBT only to be greeted with the message that i can't have it because i am on BT Basic, apparently they can't give me any calling features because of this Woman Sad  

Why, when it's supposed to be free ? Most people who are on the  BT Basic plan are just as vulnerable as the rest of the world to these calls, so why the discrimination ? A lot of people on this plan need a telephone to receive/make calls for health reasons so i don't understand why we are excluded.

I have lost my voice or i would get on the phone and try and ask someone so i'm hoping someone here can either confirm or deny that we "The BT Basic-ers" can't get it.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 5

Re: Is the Call Protect feature only for the privileged few ?

Go to solution

Hi.

According to the documentation, Call Protect should be available.

Try

www.bt.com/callprotect

which may of course take you to the page you've already tried.

To see that it should be available, go to here :-

https://btplc.com/inclusion/ProductsAndServices/BTBasic/index.htm

and download the pdf file it mentions on the right hand side a little way down the page. The section "We're here to support you" says it's available.

feegee
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks very much for the information @Andy_N , you are right, your first link is the link i tried when i got the message and i can see on the documentation that you linked to that i should be able to get it.

I will just have to wait until my voice returns in order to call up and enquire about it because no-one would understand my squeeks at the moment. Only the Good Lord knows when that will be because i've been speechless for  3 weeks now.shush-smiley-emoticon.gif

0 Ratings
DanielS
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @feegee,

I am sorry to hear that you haven't been able to order it. You should definitely be able to get it.

I can get it ordered for you to save your voice Smiley Happy

I've sent you a private message with some information that I need from you included.

Thanks

DanielS

feegee
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks a lot guys, @DanielS  and @StuartH for sorting this out for me so quickly.

It's greatly appreciated winking-thumbs-up-smiley-emoticon.gif

0 Ratings