cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
feegee
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Is the Call Protect feature only for the privileged few ?

Go to solution

I received an email a couple of weeks ago reminding me about the above feature and that it was free so after a spate of unwanted calls i decided to activate it today via MyBT only to be greeted with the message that i can't have it because i am on BT Basic, apparently they can't give me any calling features because of this Woman Sad  

Why, when it's supposed to be free ? Most people who are on the  BT Basic plan are just as vulnerable as the rest of the world to these calls, so why the discrimination ? A lot of people on this plan need a telephone to receive/make calls for health reasons so i don't understand why we are excluded.

I have lost my voice or i would get on the phone and try and ask someone so i'm hoping someone here can either confirm or deny that we "The BT Basic-ers" can't get it.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 5

Re: Is the Call Protect feature only for the privileged few ?

Go to solution

Hi.

According to the documentation, Call Protect should be available.

Try

www.bt.com/callprotect

which may of course take you to the page you've already tried.

To see that it should be available, go to here :-

https://btplc.com/inclusion/ProductsAndServices/BTBasic/index.htm

and download the pdf file it mentions on the right hand side a little way down the page. The section "We're here to support you" says it's available.

feegee
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks very much for the information @Andy_N , you are right, your first link is the link i tried when i got the message and i can see on the documentation that you linked to that i should be able to get it.

I will just have to wait until my voice returns in order to call up and enquire about it because no-one would understand my squeeks at the moment. Only the Good Lord knows when that will be because i've been speechless for  3 weeks now.shush-smiley-emoticon.gif

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @feegee,

I am sorry to hear that you haven't been able to order it. You should definitely be able to get it.

I can get it ordered for you to save your voice Smiley Happy

I've sent you a private message with some information that I need from you included.

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
feegee
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks a lot guys, @DanielS  and @StuartH for sorting this out for me so quickly.

It's greatly appreciated winking-thumbs-up-smiley-emoticon.gif

0 Ratings