cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 4

Issue since December with Infinity Broadband and telephone - possibly rain related

I experience intermittent but regular drops outs to both my telephone and broadband service. It seems to happen most when it rains heavily.  I have had a visit from both a broadband and a telephone engineer who have failed to determine the root cause.  I also had a BT man with a stick (is that a job?) who waggled the over head cable which he said was fine.

When I contact support they confirm they can see regular drops on the broadband.  However whenever they test the line they say it is fine - I'm not surprised as its an intermittent fault and only lasts a few mins at a time.  Try it in bad weather!  That's when I find the line is crackling or completely dead.  People are telling us they can't get hold of us and we can't ring out.

I have been through all the checks with BT support and it still has not been fixed. 

I am now contacted by off shore BT nearly every day and basically they call me to arrange a call for the following day as I keep saying the problem is still there.  

This has been happening since beginning of December (the fault was raised on 17th) and means using streaming services is not really possible and browsing is temperamental.  Before that my service has been really good - I have had BT Infinity since it was installed may be as much as 4 years ago.

I am at the end of my tether with it.  I thought raising a complaint would help but all that has done is make the off shore team call me more regularly to arrange further call backs.

How else can I get this resolved?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Issue since December with Infinity Broadband and telephone - possibly rain related

Hi andrewherbert,

Welcome to the community forum and thank you for posting.

I am sorry to hear about the problems you have had in getting the fault repaired. It sound like the fault could be caused by what we call a high resistance fault on the line. This is usually down to bad joint or corrosion and would explain why the line is worse during bad weather.

I'll be able to help get your service repaired. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Re: Issue since December with Infinity Broadband and telephone - possibly rain related

Thanks I've done that enquiry reference is edited by mod

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Can you please delete the reference number as it is personal to you
0 Ratings