cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Steviemod
Message 1 of 3

Junction Box

Please help! I have tried unsuccessfully, through customer services, to get BT to replace an old Bakelite junction box inside the house. The box is still working but the Bakelite structure is effectively scrap. The customer service team don't understand what I want and, as long as the phone/broadband is working they don't seem to be able to direct me to the right dept - I also have to say that the website is very limited in its email contact options, again only limited to new business/ actual phone line issues. Am I right in assuming this box is BT property on which I have been paying rent? If so would you please point me in the right direction to arrange to have this problem sorted. Thanks

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Junction Box

@Steviemod wrote:

Please help! I have tried unsuccessfully, through customer services, to get BT to replace an old Bakelite junction box inside the house. The box is still working but the Bakelite structure is effectively scrap. The customer service team don't understand what I want and, as long as the phone/broadband is working they don't seem to be able to direct me to the right dept - I also have to say that the website is very limited in its email contact options, again only limited to new business/ actual phone line issues. Am I right in assuming this box is BT property on which I have been paying rent? If so would you please point me in the right direction to arrange to have this problem sorted. Thanks

If its part of your own wiring, then its your responsibility, if its on the line side of your master socket, then its Openreach`s responsibility.

Which type of master socket do you have?

One of these

NTE5_fl[1].jpg

Or one of these

LJU2_front[1].jpg

Or if you are lucky

One of these

adsl faceplate.jpg

0 Ratings
plainview
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: Junction Box

Have you ever heard the saying, 'If it ain't broke don't fix it'?

Well Openreach work by this rule, they will only call out to your house to either fix something that is broken or install something new. They don't do house calls to replace/upgrade equipment at a customers request when there is nothing wrong with it.

0 Ratings