Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
austin1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

LINE-OUT ON BT6500

Go to solution

I am unable to get a line-out on my BT6500 Cordless Digital, which has three hand-sets, including the base hand-set. When I press the relevant line out button I get no dialling code and the message: "Call already in progress, Join Call?, Yes/No? I get no further when I press either "Yes" or "No". I can receive incomig calls. All the relevant lighrs function.  I have not changed the batteries, which appear to be charged. I woiuld be grateful for advice on how ti proceed.                                                                              I 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: LINE-OUT ON BT6500

Go to solution

Remove the power to the base station unit, wait 30 seconds, then plug it back in.

0 Ratings
pompey1898
Expert
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

@austin1 wrote:

I am unable to get a line-out on my BT6500 Cordless Digital, which has three hand-sets, including the base hand-set. When I press the relevant line out button I get no dialling code and the message: "Call already in progress, Join Call?, Yes/No? I get no further when I press either "Yes" or "No". I can receive incomig calls. All the relevant lighrs function.  I have not changed the batteries, which appear to be charged. I woiuld be grateful for advice on how ti proceed.                                                                              I 

Are you sure that another handset has not cleared down ?  That is when I get the message you quote.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution
Suggest you unplug the base station from the phone socket and try a corded telephone and check that you have a dialtone.
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
austin1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Hi Keith-Beddoe, Pompey 1898.Devon Dave'

Many thanks. Having followed your advice, I have solved the issue.

Austin1

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution
Hi. In case others have a similar issue how did you solve the problem?
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings