cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
areid72
Beginner
Message 11 of 15

Re: Landline Dead Broadband Working Plugging Phone Direct to Test Sock Workihg baffled?

Go to solution

no it doesn't have a filter its like this

GPNTE5A.JPG

with adsl filter plugged in like this

index.jpg

when the phone extension is plugged into the phone socket and the bt hub connected in the modem socket the broadband works but no phone

if i plug into the test socket the broadband and phone work fine

if i remove the phone extension from the phone socket and plug the phone direct then the broadband stops working and no phone

but if i plug this into the test socket both broadband and phone work fine

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 15

Re: Landline Dead Broadband Working Plugging Phone Direct to Test Sock Workihg baffled?

Go to solution

I have just read it all again.

I would suspect there is a fault on the actual faceplate itself, which is causing a short circuit. Sometimes the very tiny connection strips inside get bent, and can short circuit when you plug things in.

If everything works with the filter plugged into the test socket, then you can either leave it like that, or buy a replacement faceplate.

You can buy ones that have the filter built in, so you don`t need to use the microfilter.

0 Ratings
areid72
Beginner
Message 13 of 15

Go to solution

Thanks a lot Keith thats the only conclusion that i have come to as well - i have ordered a new face plate hopefully will be here tomorrow and then that fixes it all i will let you know how it goes 🙂

0 Ratings
areid72
Beginner
Message 14 of 15

Go to solution

new front plate fitted BOOM problems solved 🙂

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 15

Go to solution

@areid72 wrote:

new front plate fitted BOOM problems solved 🙂

That`s good Smiley Happy

0 Ratings