Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Landline Fault

Go to solution

Our new line in our new home isn't working, there's no dial tone. Fault reported and it shows as fixed on My BT, however, it's not. Three weeks later and still can't get through to BT on the phone, there's no online chat and the fault checker stops at 99% done so can't re-report it.  Any suggestions?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Landline Fault

Go to solution

if new home is it a new build?  do you have FTTP and something like this  ONT fttp_small_ont_2019.jpg

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Hello.

No, there’s just a master socket. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

have you tried taking front of master socket and connecting to test socket which is now visible

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, we've tried that. 

To add insult to injury we've just received our first bill, for services we've never been able to use...

Does anyone know how we can actually speak to anyone to report this, as the fault checker isn't working?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

you need to phone CS 150 or 0800800150 and report phone fault

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution
Yes, I've been doing that on and off for 3 weeks. The longest I've waiting to get through before giving up is 75 minutes, the shortest 55 mins. I was hoping someone had another number or some other way of making contact. I would use online chat is that was available, but sadly not.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

@Jo17 

Has your landline fault been fixed?

0 Ratings