Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CJT80
Expert
Message 1 of 9

Landline Fault

Go to solution

Good Afternoon,

I logged a fault with my landline (noise on the line) on Sunday, and an Engineer from Openreach was booked for today AM (8am-1pm).  The noise was on the line even from the Test Socket. 

When I have previously had any engineer booked I have had an update (via text) to be told someone is on there way.  Today that didn't happen, and according to the App the appointment was "resolved" and the issue would be fixed Wed 16/1/19.

The engineer DID arrive around 9am this morning, he couldn't hear any noise on the line (either here or at the cabinet) and informed me he'd go check the line into the building (I live in a house converted into flats), see if that had any issues and then check the cabinet and report back.  That was the last I saw of him.   So far, the Broadband (which was affected) has remained stable.

What's confusing is that I have subsequently had a text @ 11:10 am advising an engineer has been assigned and just now @13:36 an e-mail from BT Comms saying the same thing!

Now my concern is A: have 2 engineers been booked and B: as no fault could be found internally will I be charged?

Thanks in Advance.

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Landline Fault

Go to solution

@CJT80 our system only allows one visit to be booked per appointment slot so it's doubtful that two engineers have been assigned.  Also when no fault is found no visit charge is raised. Have you tried tracking the fault on www.bt.com/faults to see if there have been any updates added by the engineer?

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
CJT80
Expert
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @NeilO

That's what confused me totally.  The engineer had been and gone before I got any text updates. 

Regarding the Fault this is what the tracker says: 

BT-Fault.JPG

I am happy to click Fixed, I am just concerned about the charges.  Can you look into that for me?

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

@CJT80 That means the engineer cleared the fault back to BT as resolved.

Openreach's visit charge policy changed a few years ago, if they find no fault they no longer raise a charge. 

Community ModeratorNeilO
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
CJT80
Expert
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

@NeilOwrote:

@CJT80 That means the engineer cleared the fault back to BT as resolved.

Openreach's visit charge policy changed a few years ago, if they find no fault they no longer raise a charge. 

@NeilO

So my understanding is, I will not be charged for the visit? Just so I am sure.  Thanks in advance. 

Kind Regards
CJT80
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

@CJT80 yes that's correct, if no problem found in your home then no charge will be raised.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
CJT80
Expert
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

@NeilO

Thanks Neil I have now closed the fault.

Lets hope it is fully fixed. 

Smiley Happy

Kind Regards
CJT80
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution
The proof would be that you no longer have a noisy line.
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
CJT80
Expert
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

@Devon_Dave

The fault has gone, wether it's been fixed or it's intermittent I do not know. 

But for now I have no noise on the line. 

Kind Regards
CJT80
0 Ratings