Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Centurino
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 15

Landline Number Porting Problem

Go to solution

After 2 failed orders which I found out by chance, I told BT to close the 2 accounts they'd set up and I informed Sky I was staying put and negotiated a new deal for my 92-year-old Grandad, for which I have power of attorney.  Later that evening I received a text from BT apologising for the mess and that they had created a new order #3.  I wanted to reply to the text but could not as there were applicable charges.

Many phone calls later to both Sky and BT and a complaint to BT (when I thought we were staying with Sky), the line was transferred to BT on  31st May, 2019.  However, the BT-owned number of which my Grandad has held for 50 years plus did not transfer, he was given an alternative. I requested the number port again on the 30th May and the support guy arranged the porting. Today (4th June) I've just received an email confirming a completely different number has ported, not my Grandad's original number. Not sure what to do next?

My Grandad (emphasising 92 years old again) has lived at the same property for over 50 years and I only switched him to Sky in 2016, so porting the old number back to BT should not cause so many issues, or so I'm informed. I don't have time for this messing about and was promised a simple switch on order #1.

Please advise how we can complete the original number porting ASAP.

Thanks.

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 15

Re: Landline Number Porting Problem

Go to solution

Welcome to this user forum. @Centurino 

Is BT Retail his current provider, otherwise this forum cannot help?

If he is living at the same address that he was when BT first issued his number, and the number is owned by BT Retail, then its normally possible to get the number back, with manual intervention.

A temporary number is normally given, and then a renumber request is issued.

If he wishes to stay with Sky, then there is nothing that this forum can do to help, as Sky would not own the number.

0 Ratings
Centurino
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 15

Go to solution
Why bother replying if you can't be bothered to read what I wrote "distinguished sage". Thanks.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 15

Go to solution

@Centurino wrote:
Why bother replying if you can't be bothered to read what I wrote "distinguished sage". Thanks.

This is only a customer to customer help forum. Information is provided by BT customers in their own time, your attitude is not going to result in a lot of help.

All I need is a straight answer, is his service currently working with Sky, or BT Retail, and which provider is he intending to stay with?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 15

Go to solution

Just to add, if he is intending to stay with BT Retail, then I can ask for extra help from one of the BT Employees that run this forum? They should be able to help to get his original number back, provided he is living at the same address.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 15

Go to solution

Hi @Centurino 

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your posts!

Sorry to see your Grandad has lost the number that they had for quite some time.  We will be happy to pick this up for you from here but at this moment I can't promise that we will be able to get the number back.  We'll try our very best though.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Centurino
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 15

Go to solution

Still no result with this. BT didn't acknowledge my request for a callback from my complaint case handler yesterday 4th June, but I did receive a generic email saying that the correct number would be used (renumbered) today the 5th, but as of 23:50 it still isn't working, so not sure what is happening.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 15

Go to solution

Hi @Centurino  sorry that you have not got your number back yet and that we have not been in touch yet. I've checked and we have received your details in our queue. We are busier than usual at the moment but we will be in touch to help you with this as soon as we can.

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
Centurino
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 15

Go to solution

Thank you for the update John.

0 Ratings
pompey1898
Expert
Message 10 of 15

Go to solution

The quote option is not available.

Is this due to another poster using a TARDIS to post, i.e. @Centurino 's post timed at 06-06-2019 23h50 - edited ‎06-06-2019 23h51

0 Ratings