cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pb63
Message 1 of 9

Landline fault and BT website doesn't allow me to report that

Go to solution

I cannot receive or make calls. I went on the BT website to report the fault, but it says my line is ok (which is not true). I tried to contact by phone, and again it does not allow me to report it. I tried live chat, and it says that the form cannot be submitted due to a technical fault.

So I have no service and no way to report it. This is completely unacceptable.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Landline fault and BT website doesn't allow me to report that

Go to solution

Use your mobile and phone freephone 0800800150 report fault

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

You should be able to report it on 0800 800 150. The line test cannot detect a fault if its close to, or within your own property. I assume you have checked at the test socket?

test socket.jpg

0 Ratings
pb63
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution
I tried the 800 number before posting here and it does not allow me to report anything. I suspect it doesn't work 24/7.
0 Ratings
pb63
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution
The socket hasn't been touched and looks ok. The fault is on the line because callers receive a message saying that the number is temporarily out of order.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @pb63  welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. Sorry that you have a fault with your line and that you have been unable to report it to us. 

Please check out the fault status in your area and see if that helps. Post back and let me know how you get on.

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
Highlighted
pb63
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

The landline is now working.

I'm very unimpressed with this: not being able to report the fault in any way, not by website, not by live chat, not by phone, is completely unacceptable. 

Also I can understand there might be technical reasons why the "line check" reported everything working when it was not; but how hard is it to automate placing a call to the number reporting the fault??? That would have detected that the problem was indeed there, since when I tried to call my own number from a mobile phone it did say that the number was out of order.

What can I say, I'll remember all this when the contract with BT expires.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

It sounds more like an exchange or network fault, which is why you got the out of order message. This would have affected many users, and may well have been out of the control of BT Retail.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @pb63  thanks for posting back and happy to hear that you are back in service. Sorry that you were unable to get this fault reported yesterday evening. The faults department is open 24/7 and you should not have had this experience when trying to get your fault logged. It could've have been an exchange fault in your area as @Keith_Beddoe  says. 

Cheers
John

0 Ratings