Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Landline fault - goes on and one

Go to solution

Advice please.  I keep reporting my landline as being out of order (no dialling tone, no calls out or in).  I then get an email a few hours later saying it's all repaired.  But it isn't!   It shows as a closed fault.  How do I get anyone to believe me about this?  I speak to people at BT and they just tell me they'll do something but nothing is done.  Is there another number to call where they will actually do something? In the last week various neighbours have had problems with their landlines but theirs have been repaired.  I saw quite a few BT engineers at the box at the end of the road, but they have now disappeared now my line is down.  Ideas???

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Message 2 of 6

Re: Landline fault - goes on and one

Go to solution

Hi @LWalters,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting.

I can understand your frustration and I'm sorry we haven't repaired your service. If you send me in your details, I'll do my best to make sure that the service is repaired as quickly as possible.

Before I run a few tests on the line please, can you confirm if you've tried another phone connected directly to the test socket? 

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact me. You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @LWalters 

Thanks for sending over your details and for taking the time to chat with me this morning.

I'm sorry that your line has developed a fault.  I have arranged for an engineer to visit tomorrow between 13:00 - 18:00.  I will come back to you again on Thursday and we can chat about it again then.

Have a good day! 😊

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Landline fault now Fixed - please cancel engineer

Go to solution

Hi Robbie,

Just to say that I got an email saying that the fault had been repaired.  And it actually has!!!  Phew.  Thank you for your efforts.  It was good to speak to a human being who actually wanted to help!  Please, therefore, cancel the visit by the engineer tomorrow afternoon (Wednesday 7th Aug).

Many thanks again.  You are a star.

Best wishes, Louise 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 6

Re: Landline fault now Fixed - please cancel engineer

Go to solution

Hi @LWalters  thanks for the update and good news that you are now back in service 🙂

As @RobbieMac will not be in the office until tomorrow afternoon I have put in a cancellation request to close the fault.

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @LWalters 

I tried giving you a quick call this afternoon, sorry to have missed you.

I can see the fault has been repaired now which is awesome.  I was just calling to let you know that I will go ahead and close this off from here now that everything has been fixed.

Have a great weekend.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings