Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Landline fault

Go to solution

We reported a landline fault 10 days ago. Two days ago the "Track a Fault" said it has been fixed. Sadly it has not. We are in the vulnerable group for the Corona Virus. What do we do next please?

Fault is continuous ringing of the telephone (not the normal brr-brr). When you pick up the handset you do not get a ringtone but it sounds like a rapid fire machine gun.

Broadband works fine. We were sent a new replacement hub many week ago which we connected as we have now been connected to fibre sine 1st May 2020.

Have tried all combinations of connecting the phone like different phone, disconnected broadband, removed all those "line filters", directly into master socket etc

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Message 2 of 4

Re: Landline fault

Go to solution

Hi @vulnerable,

Thank you for posting on the Community. I'm sorry the fault with your service hasn't been repaired. If you send me in your details, I'll be able to give you a hand in getting the service fixed.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact me.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

The fault has been rectified. We don't know how or why. To us that is not important. To have a working telephone is what matters.

To all who read this we send thanks for your consideration. Stay safe everyone.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Hi @vulnerable

Thank you for posting back I'm happy to hear the service has been repaired.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings