Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
frisbypam
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 22

Landline not working Calls divert to mobile

Go to solution

Last straw our landline is now not working, after 16days of hassle with BT after upgrading to infinity 1. The last advise said he would be able to divert all calls to my mobile.  This has not happened I then called back to be told by another customer adviser that this could not possibility  happen as the type of fault we had would not allow them to divert calls. WILL BT EVER TELL THE TRUTH TO THERE CUSTOMERS.  I have an urgent situation as my father is in hospital.  

0 Ratings
21 REPLIES 21
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 22

Re: Landline not working Calls divert to mobile

Go to solution

Welcome to this customer to customer forum.

Certain types of fault categories do not qualify for a free divert, especially if the fault is proven to a problem at the customer end.

Try the faults support team and see if they can help.

Have you tried the test socket?

Test Socket.jpg

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 22

Go to solution
If you look on your MYBT account you maybe able to set up your own divert.
I believe the fault you have raised is shown on there somewhere.
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 22

Go to solution

@frisbypam I'm really sorry about the problems with your line and broadband. If the fault has been located in the exchange then the divert may not have worked and I'm sure the adviser did not intentionally mislead you.

Please use the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details and we'll be happy to help. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
frisbypam
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 22

The saga continues with BT

Go to solution

On going sage with BT.    How can I get someone to sort the problems.  I need one person to take control of all the faults we have been having since 3rd February.  Our landline went down on Friday it came back on Saturday and guess what no landline again by Monday mornings.  A very fed up BT customer 😤😤😤

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 22

Re: The saga continues with BT

Go to solution

@frisbypam

You were offered help by a forum moderator on this post

https://community.bt.com/t5/Phones/Landline-not-working-Calls-divert-to-mobile/m-p/1718997#M53681

Did you take up the offer?

0 Ratings
frisbypam
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 22

Go to solution

Hi No I didn't take up the offer as I thought the issue had been sorted on Saturday morning. I was wrong 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 22

Go to solution

@frisbypam wrote:

Hi No I didn't take up the offer as I thought the issue had been sorted on Saturday morning. I was wrong 

I would take up the offer, as they will take ownership until the problem is fixed.

You will need to view this forum on the full version, not the mobile version, to see the link to the form.

Once you fill the form in, you will receive an enquiry number, and one of the moderators will contact you, when you reach the top of the queue.

Under ideal conditions, the moderators can normally deal within 48 hours, but they are running a bit behind at the moment as they are only a small team based in the UK. They will however take full ownership until any issues are resolved.

0 Ratings
frisbypam
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 22

Go to solution
Thanks, I have now taken your advice. Won't
hold my breath
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 22

Go to solution

Hi @frisbypam,

Thanks for sending over the details. I tried calling today, sorry I missed you. I left a short message. I've tested the line and there are no faults present but I've opened a case on your account to monitor but can you please let me know if there are any problems and I'll pick up for you.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings