cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Simon719
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Landline not working

8 days into new BT contract landline has stopped working?

Just moved from another ISP, bought BT 150 with unlimited landline calls, everything worked from 2nd July, then on 11th phone line stopped, no dialing tone, my BT says I dont have a landline?

cant seem to get in touch with BT, is there a online chat help i can use?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Landline not working

you need to phone 151 and report phone fault  have you checked for dial tone at test socket with filter?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Simon719
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Do i still need a filter on the socket, it has two sockets one for broadband one for phone, however  new fibre socket has now been installed so other socket only has phone plugged in?

my BT doesn't recognise the number as a BT number?

is there online help chat, as phone not working and dont know if my mobile will charge me?

EDIT, just been onto the phone troubleshooter and i get

Landline not linked to BT account   ??

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

yes you need a filter to connect to teat socket which is behind the faceplate  if the new master socket the faceplate just unclips and you need a filter as phone connection does not fit.  make sure the front is securely replaced after testing

you can phone 0800800151 for free from mobile

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Simon719
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

BT phone trouble shooter now saying "Phone not linked to BT account"?  it was for 8 days, I wonder why its not now? will have to ring them i guess, but it takes forever to get through

was hoping for online chat with BT

0 Ratings