cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 4

Landline number lost during switch

Go to solution

I’ve switched providers from sky to virgin media. But the landline number that I’ve had at this address for years has been lost some how during porting? I’ve been going back and forth speaking with sky and virgin. They both are blaming each other. Now I’ve been told that the number porting request was originally sent to BT that sends it to Virgin Media. So I assume that BT own the number. 
So I’m trying to get that number back please. 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Landline number lost during switch

Go to solution

the number belongs to BT and as a current virgin customer no longer available to you

this is a similar post which explains  https://community.bt.com/t5/Landline/Lost-landline-number-during-broadband-switch-please-can-you-hel...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

I’ve had that same number on virgin media in the past. Virgin Media said as long as the number is active they can get it ported.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

If BT originally gave you the number, then it belongs to them.

You can port it out once to another provider, but you cannot port it out again, unless its back to BT first.

After being with BT again for a while, you could then port it out to another provider, but it will always be a BT number.

Who did you first port your number out to?

If you have a quick look at the OFCOM website :-

http://static.ofcom.org.uk/static/numbering/index.htm#geog1

and download the spreadsheet that contains your number range (note the numbers exclude the leading zero). The line in the spreadsheet will show to whom the range is allocated.

0 Ratings