cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 7

Landline number lost

An elderly relative is distraught as having moved her provider back to BT she has been allocated a new number. They are housebound and desperate to retrieve the old number back especially fir medical and welfare reasons, can this be done quickly as she believes if possible will take weeks. 
I hope someone can help please or point me in the right direction. 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Landline number lost

@Louisew 

Welcome to this user forum.

Was she originally with BT Retail, at her current address?

From which provider did she move back to BT Retail?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 7

Yes originally it’s BT. Thankfully I have found a number for the vulnerable team and they are now doing all they can to help so am hoping can be resolved. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

@Louisew wrote:

Yes originally it’s BT. Thankfully I have found a number for the vulnerable team and they are now doing all they can to help so am hoping can be resolved. 

Provided their last provider has released the number back to BT Retail, then a simple renumber request is all that is needed, which takes about 24 hours.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 7

The number has definitely been released back but BT but there are now saying the porting team responsible are not working at the moment due to the crisis so this cannot be resolved for some weeks which doesn’t seem right. Apparently once the complaint team are involved the vulnerable team can’t intervene so this may take weeks to resolve. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 7 of 7

Hi @Louisew, Welcome to the Community. I am so sorry to h...

Hi @Louisew,

Welcome to the Community.

I am so sorry to hear that your elderly relative was given a new number when they moved across to us. Do you know if they asked to keep the number or was it not mentioned when the order was placed? Also, is the current new telephone number working? Can they make and receive calls ok?

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings