cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ruairidh
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Landline problem not fixed

My landline went down on 20th November. It was restored briefly 6 days later but went down again. I complained but was told it was Open Reach's responsibility.  Due to be fixed yesterday. Tracking is less than helpful.  How does one get to speak to a real human being who can get things done - and also let Open Reach know that their service is not fit for purpose.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 4

Re: Landline problem not fixed

Posted in error and deleted

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 3 of 4

Hi @Ruairidh welcome to the forum and sorry that you have had another fault with your service 6 days after the previous fault was fixed. I've sent you a Private Message with details on how to contact the Mod team and we'll be happy to help you with this.

cheers

John

0 Ratings
Ruairidh
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

Hi John, Thanks for your speedy reply.  Since I posted my question I managed to get to the BT telephone help line and was able to speak to someone about the problem, who got in touch with the engineers.  Within minutes I received two texts from them telling me what the problem was and a date for fixing it.  on the down side, they believe I have a broadband problem as well (which I have not noticed,  and after testing found the speed to be good).  What irks me is the delay - projected fix by 7 Dec.  I was also disappointed to find that, on complaining about the second outage, I was told that this was Open Reach's problem, not BT's.  Rather far from my days at BT when "Every problem has an owner" and "You get it right first time, every time" (Total Quality Management).  I'll hold on for the present and contact you again if the fall-out is unsatisfactory.