Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
kennymack
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Landline rental annual charge

Go to solution
I’m about to renew my annual landline rental charge. If I leave BT before my annual charge is next due, will I be refunded for the months I didn’t use?
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Landline rental annual charge

Go to solution

Welcome to this user forum. @kennymack 

If you are talking about the Line Rental Saver, then that is not refundable.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

not is you leave voluntarily   only if it was due to price increase but that does not apply to new contracts

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Bear in mind that the actual saving is only about one month rental now.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

@kennymack Welcome to the community and thanks for posting your question.

Hi everyone the refund policy for the Line Rental Saver option has changed.  Line Rental Saver is refundable at any stage. If the customer's within the 14 days cooling off period the refund will be placed on the credit / debit card they paid the upfront cost with.

If you cancel outside of the 14 days cooling off period the refund will be on their next bill. We refund the remaining upfront payment amount. For example, if the customer has had Line Rental Saver for three months, we'll refund the remaining nine months.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

@NeilO 

Thanks for the update. You can remove my post if you wish.

pompey1898
Expert
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

@NeilOwrote:

@kennymackWelcome to the community and thanks for posting your question.

Hi everyone the refund policy for the Line Rental Saver option has changed.  Line Rental Saver is refundable at any stage. If the customer's within the 14 days cooling off period the refund will be placed on the credit / debit card they paid the upfront cost with.

If you cancel outside of the 14 days cooling off period the refund will be on their next bill. We refund the remaining upfront payment amount. For example, if the customer has had Line Rental Saver for three months, we'll refund the remaining nine months.

When my Line Rental Saver came to its end last month I was told there would be no refund should I choose to renew.

kennymack
Beginner
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution
The refund takes out the problem of your annual line rental saver finishing later than your broadband contract and the customer losing out if they want to change provider.
Thanks
Stompa
Contributor
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

@NeilOwrote:

@kennymackWelcome to the community and thanks for posting your question.

If LRS is indeed now refundable, why does it still say on the page where you actually get LRS, "Line Rental Saver is non-refundable"?

0 Ratings