cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yul
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Landline rings once then stops at any time of the day

Something happened with my landline. Since yesterday it started to ring once, saying "Incoming call", then stops and disconnects. If I manage to take a phone when it is still ringing, it's silent. Yesterday I got about 7-8 calls like that non-stop during 2 minutes. Today I got 2 calls like that in the morning, and one almost at midnight. What could it be?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Landline rings once then stops at any time of the day

@Yul 

It could be a fault with your line, but that would also affect your broadband connection.

Plug your phone directly into the test socket on your master phone socket, and ring your phone from a mobile, to see if it rings, and you can answer it.

If it does not work, then check it with another phone, to make sure its not the phone.

You can progress the fault on this link  https://support.bt.com/fix/landline/?view=landlinetroubleshooter

0 Ratings
knightgkla
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Landline rings once then stops at any time of the day

I had this on and off for a few months. Was a fault quite near my property, but my broadband (FTTC) jumped to the best it had been for a long time. Engineer couldn't believe how good it was and didn't realise broadband had been ok. I was told broadband only needs one cable to keep going.

0 Ratings