Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Landline silver

Go to solution

I have tried to get Vodafone broadband, and last year tried getting sky when I moved into my property I had serve issues as my address does not show up on any of there databases or when I check if I’m eligible for providers my address isn’t there I ended up go with virgin media for a year and it’s the worst service I’ve ever had I need my openreach line sorting, everytime I call up I get passed around and eventually after being on the phone for hours I get hung up on can anyone advise on how to sort my issue? I’d like to mention I live in a semidetached house and both my neighbour attached and my opposite neighbour are able to get broadband with any provider

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Landline silver

Go to solution

@Stevenv12 

If you do not have a current landline (Openreach network), then any service Provider can contact Openreach to get the address corrected, as part of the order process.

This forum can only help if you want to place an order with BT Retail.

You would need to get a working phone line first, then you could order broadband.

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

But how can they do it for me when my address doesn’t exist on there systems for example purposes say I’m number 3 smith road I don’t show up but number 1 & 5 do? 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Any ISP can submit an ORDI request to openreach so you need to decide which isp you are going to use for phone and broadband, place order and then get them to submit ORDI

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

@Stevenv12 wrote:

But how can they do it for me when my address doesn’t exist on there systems for example purposes say I’m number 3 smith road I don’t show up but number 1 & 5 do? 

That is just a database error, and can easily be fixed, as you said there was an Openreach connection before. Its just that there is no existing routing shown at the moment.

If you decide to place an order for a landline from BT Retail, and come across problems, then one of the forum moderators can be asked to assist.

Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

As already stated, your problem isn’t anything to do with BT Consumer, you are not,  or are not considering BT as your provider , so this forum ( and more importantly the BT Mods ) wouldn’t be able to help you, apart from the general advice you have already been given, all providers have exactly the same access into Openreach,  if you were an existing, or potentially a new BT customer , then BT would get an ORDI request raised to sort out any OR database integrity issues, the company you want to use have exactly the same access into OR to do this , to enable you to become a customer of theirs, perhaps it’s a critique of the company(s)  you want to use, that they can’t or won’t do this for you.
BT Consumer isn’t the industry problem solver, just the problem solver for their own new or existing customers, if the company you want to use won’t do this for you, perhaps it’s time to consider a company that will