cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Landline used to make international calls

I had a FaceBook message this afternoon from someone in Italy who had a call from my landline, at around 2.30 pm today. I did not make any calls to Italy. I am the only person in the household using the number - nobody else was here. Who is using my number? Am I going to be charged for calls made on that number by someone else? how can we prevent anyone else using the number to make calls? Help needed!

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Landline used to make international calls

Try dialling 17070 and see if the number repeated is your number and not a crossed line

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 6

How did this person in Italy know how to associate your landline number with your Facebook account and sent you a message about it ?

TBH, you are probably worrying about nothing,you should be able to see the details of any calls made on your account after a couple of days if you log into your account .

Did the message quote your phone number correctly and ask to call again ?, or did the message you received from an Italian FB account that you are not familiar with just ask why you called ?

Message 4 of 6

I have a FB business account - and that is where my landline is listd. The message came from a FB user who is not a FB friend. Her message simply said that she got a call from that number and asked whether that was my number. If you google Alexander Technique, you might well get that number. I am really not sure. I asked the woman in Italy to block that number.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

I dialled 17070 - it is my number indeed, so not a crossed line. Maybe I just check the items on the bill in a couple of days. Nothing was listed yet for today on the latest itemised list. Thank you for your reply! And for introducing me to 147979 - I didn't know this.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

She just wanted to know whether it was my number - that is Alexander Technique Lewes (my Business FB page). I guess she did want to know whether I called, and if so, why. I simply told her that I had not made that call, and that she could block the number. She said she would, and we no further exchange.
Yes - I shall do as you said - check the itemised bill in a couple of days. Many thanks for your reply. It is a bit of a mystery, though.
0 Ratings