Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 21

Landline.

Go to solution

Since the 8th November we have been trying to get our BT service moved from our old address to our new one. We booked it all for 29th November when we moved. I am pleased to say that we got fibre broadband on the 30th and our BT view box working a few days later. We still do not have a landline. We book it and the update online says it is book and we will have a line by midnight. Look at the website a bit later and order has been cancelled and we don't know why. We have been given 3 different phone numbers but no line. Website says it has all been completed. We have a weak mobile phone signal here so it is difficult to keep phoning. I am 65yrs old with a heart condition and really need a reliable phone line. Hope someone can help or advise. Thanks. 

0 Ratings
20 REPLIES 20
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 21

Re: Landline.

Go to solution

Hi @Chrissiejean54 ,

How have you got Broadband without a phone line ?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 21

Go to solution

There has to be a line somewhere but where. When we plug the phone into the phone socket there is no dialling tone. Phone shows line error. We have a box under the stairs to plug in the Internet and BT view box with either net cable but not the phone. Sure its something we aren't doing right but can't get anyone to tell us what. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 21

Go to solution

@Chrissiejean54wrote:

There has to be a line somewhere but where. When we plug the phone into the phone socket there is no dialling tone. Phone shows line error. We have a box under the stairs to plug in the Internet and BT view box with either net cable but not the phone. Sure its something we aren't doing right but can't get anyone to tell us what. 

You say a box under the stairs.  Is it an ONT for FTTP ?  What router do you have ?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 21

Go to solution

Does the box under the stairs look like this?

new ONT.jpg

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 21

Go to solution

Good to see you along @Keith_Beddoe .  Im sure you will have the technical knowledge to help @Chrissiejean54 better then me

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 21

Go to solution

@pompey1898 wrote:

Good to see you along @Keith_Beddoe .  Im sure you will have the technical knowledge to help @Chrissiejean54 better then me

Possibly, if its a new build property.

If its really new, it may be one of these.

Capture.JPG

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 8 of 21

Go to solution
Yes, it's just like that.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 21

Go to solution

@Chrissiejean54 

If you do have a Fibre To The Home connection, then this page should help.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/42641/~/connecting-your-phone-service-to-superfast-fi...

See if you get dial tone if you plug the phone into the TEL1 or TEL2 socket on that box.

If you do, and there is another phone socket close by, then that should link to other phone sockets in the house, and all you need is a cable like this, which the developer should have provided.

Lead to link ONT TEL port to phone socketLead to link ONT TEL port to phone socket

To link the TEL socket on the fibre ONT, to the phone socket on the wall. That is assuming the builders have fitted phone sockets in other rooms.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 10 of 21

Go to solution
Thank you. I will look now.
0 Ratings