cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Angler
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Landline

I have just renovated a house and need to install a landline. I have just set up an appointment for an enginneer to connect me and agreed a12mth contract ,but if the new tennant moves in i will have to terminate that contact so i can hand the billing over to them.Question is will i be charged for terminating the contract.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Landline

yes  there will be cancellation fees

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Carlusha
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 6

Surely, as a landlord, the responsibility for connecting a phone lies with the new tenant, just the same as the electricity, gas, council tax and so on.

Your ONLY responsibility is to ensure the timely payment of the monthly (or whatever frequency it may be) service charge and to arrange landlord insurance cover for yourself.

0 Ratings
Angler
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

But the property at the moment has an incoming line to the house but no connection box for phone /broadband .I suppose i could install one myself.
0 Ratings
-Richie-
Guru
Message 5 of 6

Let the tenants sort that out, when they order broadband an engineer will be sent if required and they'll pay any connection and setup costs.

The way you're doing it is expensive, you'll pay around £70 or more for the line connection and then an early termination charge for ceasing within the 12 month contract.

0 Ratings
Angler
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Thanks for all the replies

0 Ratings