cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oldsalt
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Line Cord Error

I get a Line Cord Error come up on my HT Premium handset every day at approximately 22:00. It happens so quickly that I never get to see it, but did last night by video. It seems to reset immediately. Is it possible that the exchange sends a signal or something to check the line?
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Line Cord Error

BT used to run a daily line check in the early hours, but I think that was stopped a while back.

Do you have anything else connected to your phone line that may be making a call, perhaps an alarm system or Sky box, as that would cause a voltage drop and give the line cord error?

0 Ratings
Oldsalt
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Hi Keith,
Yes I have a Sky Q box connected to BTHub 6 by ether net cable. I also have my LG smart TV connected by ether net cable also. I have no alarm system connected. It is just an odd error message that appears, but it does not give any problems. I'm just curious as it only happens at 10pm everyday?
David
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

If there is nothing else physically plugged directly into your phone line, apart from the phone base unit, then perhaps its something within the phone itself?

0 Ratings
Oldsalt
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

I have the phone base unit and BTHub6 via filter in the same socket.
0 Ratings