cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 4

Line activation

Hi,

Just ordered BT line after moving in. Tried with SKY for a month which was a disaster due to them cancelling twice.

So last owners moved out and cancelled a month ago. 

Ordered BT yesterday and they say 13th March. 

Does anyone know why it takes 2 weeks to activate when its just a takeover of the line and remote activation ?

Also is there any way of speeding this up. We need to order BB afterwards so two weeks to wait on top of 1 month before is 6 weeks without BroadBand. Getting withdrawal !

thanks in advance !

M

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Line activation

There's no way of speeding it up unfortunately. It's a 10 working day lead time across all service providers. I was in the same boat when I moved, was without broadband for over 3 weeks 😞
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
hippey
Expert
Message 3 of 4

It does depend what you are requesting....

Suprisingly it isn't always as easy as 'taking over the line' as there could well be physical work required on providing your service. The old occupiers may have taken service with them or been on an LLU circuit etc etc....

10 days is good. About 6 years ago I had to wait 4 weeks for one new provision & 3 months for my second line provision due to lack of copper pairs. On moving back to BT a year or so ago I had a 7 week lead time for the WLR circuit but a 5 day lead time for a Fibre fitting outside and another 7 days for the internal work.

But Fibre is a completely different animal.

Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 4

When I got my first phone line it took yonks, and we had to share the line with a neighbour. A party line it was called, and it meant that we could listen to each other's conversations. News of the World paradise!

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings