cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kamsingh27
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Line cord error

I have been receiving a line cord error intermittently, the phone will not work and then when it works it crackles. This is also impacting my broadband. I have got a open reach socket with the phone and broadband connections next to each other. I have also removed the front and plugged direct into the test socket. Anyone else had this issue?
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Line cord error

if you have connected to test socket and get crackle on line then report phone fault to 151

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
DavidM
Message 3 of 6

Hi @kamsingh27  and welcome to the community.

Thanks for posting about the line problem. @imjolly  is spot on with his advice. If you have any noise on the line then you'll need to contact faults on 151 and report it. Can you try that and post back to let us know how you get on?

Cheers

David

Devon_Dave
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 6

Hi. Can you confirm that BT provide your home landline service?
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
kamsingh27
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Yes they do, Engineer expected to come out tomorrow morning.
0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 6 of 6

Hi @kamsingh27  thanks for the update and do come back and let us know how the engineer visits goes.

Cheers
John

0 Ratings