Did you mean: 
Highlighted
vogon
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Line fault escalation required...how?

Go to solution

Hi folks.

Been plagued with an annoyingly intermittant noisy line during voice calls for weeks now, and it's starting to affect the broadband.

I've just had a polite but infuriating online chat with someone as a result of trying to report this fault online. I think the OP's script didn't allow for the possibility of an intermittant fault.

It's infuriating as I have 25+ years of design/test experience in UK Telephone exchanges (Worked on System-X Mainly), including *thousands* of line card repairs - I can talk 'local loop' with the best of 'em! The local wiring in this semi-rural location isn't the best (AL, I think, not CU) had has been mauled about quite a bit lately as other local residents have had similar issues fixed..

What's the best way to 'escalate' this to the point where someone from BT or OpenReach will take ownership of this and try and track down this intermittant issue these days?

Any suggestions?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Line fault escalation required...how?

Go to solution
Just call up, report and fault and insist they send an Engineer as you’re sure there’s a fault somewhere. There’s no point in going into technicalities with them about different types of Exchange Technologies, it won’t help you and won’t convince them to do anything different.

Then with a bit of luck the fault will be present when the Engineer tests the line of he may have local knowledge of a known issue such as a high faulting node and instinctively know what the problem is.
0 Ratings
vogon
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Line fault escalation required...how?

Go to solution
Thanks, Starwire2000.
Gave them a ring and have set up an engineers visit for Saturday Morning. I'll try not to bore him with the exchange 'war stories' and local-loop stuff:-)
0 Ratings