Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
djh22
Recognised Expert
Message 1 of 13

Line fault reporting

Go to solution

Hi folks, appologies for posting this here but I couldn't find anywhere relating to landline problems.

I'm trying to report a landline fault for my neighbour but can't find a phone number or anywhere on the web to report a fault that's not on my own line - any advice please.

Ta,

Del H.

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
djh22
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 13

Re: Line fault reporting

Go to solution

Thanks David for moving this to the correct place.

Del H

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 13

Go to solution
dial 151
0 Ratings
djh22
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution

Thanks John, they like all the websites etc. are asking for my details but it's not relating to my line.

I'm sure there used to be a web interface where you could just enter a landline number to do a line check and report a problem, I can't find it now though.

0 Ratings
djh22
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution

Customer (neighbour ) has just informed me that her phone contract is with Sky so not a BT problem, so I'm marking this as resolved.

But I'd still be interested to know where one can report a landline fault for someone else that can't use their own phone.

Del H.

0 Ratings
XRaySpeX
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution

I once reported my daughter's landline on https://www.bt.com/help/home/faults/ w/out logging in but but can't find it now :(.

Message 7 of 13

Go to solution

We've removed that option @XRaySpeX.

On this help page: Help reporting and fixing landline problems online we have a section that explains what you need to do if you can't access your BT ID to report a fault.

Still having problems?

You can also run this test automatically over the phone. Just call 0800 800 151 and quote ‘Landline fault’ when asked how we can help you today. Make sure you phone from a different number so that we can test your line whilst you’re on the phone to us. If there’s a fault found an engineer will be arranged with you to fix it and this will be confirmed on the call.

If you still need to speak to someone, the quickest way is to chat with us online.

Live chat with us now >

Thanks

DanielS

Highlighted
djh22
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

Thanks DanielS.

Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution
If you dial 151 from her line (assuming she has a dial tone) it will go through to sky customer service or even 0844-241-1653.
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
djh22
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution

Thanks Dave,Yea done that & all is in hand now awaiting Open Reach.

Del.

0 Ratings