Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mark84
Message 1 of 6

Line removed without permission.

Go to solution

Hi looking for advice... our existing wiring reaches from a pole across land then terminates at my house and into our house.

Our next door neighbor has recently started building two properties in line with where out wiring spans across.

Our line has been there circa 20+years. The builders asked us to remove it however we declined as we had planned to return to BT as a provider very soon. 

I have returned today from work to find that someone has removed the line. 

where do I stand with the whole situation?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Line removed without permission.

Go to solution

If you are not a BT customer you would need to contact your present provider.

If the line is not presently being used you should contact Openreach whose is responsible for the line.

0 Ratings
Mark84
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Can they enter my property boundary and remove the line from my property though?

And even if we categorically told the previous bt engineer that we didn’t want it removed as we were looking to re instate the service

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

This is a BT residential customer to customer forum. 

It is not a legal advice forum. If you think that the builders or somebody else has done something wrong you would be best to contact either the builder, Openreach or the Police and ask them.

You should however keep in mind that the line is owned by Openreach and if they wanted to remove it I doubt they will have done anything wrong.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

It is not a BT engineer it is an openreach engineer and although part of the BT GROUP it has nothing to do with the forum which is for customers of BT RETAIL our ISP

you need to contact openreach as @gg30340  posted

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
-Richie-
Expert
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

You might find it benefits you if you do return, most of the new Superfast Fibre offers come with free connection, so if you need a line installed it'll be done as part of the provide, rather than using a line you've had for decades, you'll get a shiney new one installed.

0 Ratings