Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gterry
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Line too quiet at other end

Hi there,

Any ideas? My phone line sounds OK at my end, but numerous times the person at the other end says it's too faint and muffled.

I have BT calls and Broadband, 3 sockets and 3 handsets, all simple corded phones. It's a new house with professionally-installed phone wiring. No plug-in extension wiring or anything else dodgy. All sockets have BB filters, which I've even replaced in case faulty, but to no avail. The problem happens with all 3 handsets, and does not disappear if I unplug any one handset.

Grateful for any ideas. Thanks in anticipation.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Line too quiet at other end

Hi i would suggest you try a corded phone in the test socket located behind the front plate of the master socket and see if the fault is still there this will eliminate any extensions and show the fault as on the bt network
0 Ratings
Zico
Message 3 of 4

Is there any update to this thread??

I have the same issue whereby callers are always saying that they can't hear us where as we can hear the caller fine.

Tried with a corded phone in test socket.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 4

@Zico wrote:

Is there any update to this thread??

I have the same issue whereby callers are always saying that they can't hear us where as we can hear the caller fine.

Tried with a corded phone in test socket.

Hi. Most problems that result from faint calls is normally proved to being the actual telephone.

When you tried a known working corded phone in the test socket what was the result?

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings