cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
katetuckey
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Long stream of problems culminating in 10 days without a phone or a date when it will be fixed...

Initially we reported intermittent crackling on the line so loud that you could not hear the other person speak - and I don't have any hearing problems.  We were promised that it would be fixed to no avail.

Also reported that when the same phone rang, the Broadband dropped every time.  No action taken by BT on this.

Finally bracing myself for reporting these issues again and discovered on 18th May that the line to completely 'dead'.  Spoke at great length for the nth time to BT who promised they would fix the line.  Made an appointment for Sunday 20th May to stay in so the BT man could come and fix the line.

BT man was spotted by a neighbour at the top of the lane.  Waited in 5 hours and he did not turn up at our address or call or fix the line.

When calling the line from another phone the line was also 'dead' - no sound.

2 days later (estimate) received another call saying they had looked at the line and needed access to the property.  Fine but I would not be at the property for 2 weeks.  BT unable to book an appointment to come then.

Interestingly then after that call when you call the line, it gives and 'engaged' tone - so something is working, just not the line (a neighbour has checked it and it is still 'dead') but something changed...

No idea when the phone will be fixed.  Suspect it has been partially fixed already due to change in tone when you dial it.  

Paying full monthly line rental for this appauling service and appauling customer service.  The people I speak to in India are very lovely but completely without authority to take responsibility for the case and it is impossible to speak to the same person twice about the problem.  

Several neighbours have had similar problems with terrible line, all in the same fairly remote spot.

The line is essential as there is little or no mobile signal at the property so for safety (we have young children) BT are putting us at risk when we are there - and we are dependent on broadband (which is also down) for work.  We continue to PAY BT for this total lack of service/interest?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Long stream of problems culminating in 10 days without a phone or a date when it will be fixed..

If you would like to contact one of the UK based BT Care Team who moderate this forum, they should be able to find out what is going on.

They can be contacted using this link BT Care Team

They normally respond by phone or e-mail, within three working days, however you should get an immediate confirmation, with a tracking number.

0 Ratings
katetuckey
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Re: Long stream of problems culminating in 10 days without a phone or a date when it will be fixed..

Thank you for your suggestion of contacting BT care.  I did so, and have received no confirmation or order tracking number and no reply (day 3 today).  Totally desperate and without telephone and broadband... how can a company be so impossible to deal with/contact/communicate with.  This is one for the media for sure, like a running joke.

Any other suggestions please?

Thank you

Kate Tuckey

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Hi Kate,

Thanks for posting. I’ve had a look through our emails and don’t see one from the address registered on your profile. Can you try sending it again from that address and we’ll pick it up for you.

Cheers

David
Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
katetuckey
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

OK I have just reposted it now

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Thanks Kate,

We'll pick that up and get back to you today.

Cheers

David
Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
katetuckey
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

Thank you.  I am also awaiting yet another call from someone from India but am not hopeful - again this is simply due to the fact that there is no 'joined up' customer service thinking about this case.  My patience has been tested seriously too far, it's like playing international chinese whispers.  I have probably invested at least a day's time trying to contact BT in one way or another or find the solution to this issue.  The crazy customer service system seems to be a complete waste of EVERYBODY's time.  One continuous conversation with one half intelligent human who is willing to take responsibility fo the case rather than pass the buck, and it might have been solved in a trice.

Craziness.  I look forward to hearing from someone soon.  I am happy to supply my mobile number for today (but not sure a 'forum' is the place ot do that?).

Thank you

0 Ratings