cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
weebawbee
Message 1 of 3

Lost number

On the 9th Feb I had two lines 873553 and 872502. My main number was 873553 and 872502 carried my broadband. As I no longer required two lines I asked for the line 872502 to be renumbered to 873553 and for 872502 to no longer exist. As it was Thursday it would be Tuesday 14th before it was completed. I agreed to this.

The line 873553 was ceased on Friday 10th Feb in prep for the renumber, but this didn't happen.

I phoned on the 14th but was informed that the order had been corrupted.BT would call me back to sort out.

Still no joy or phoneback on Wednesday 15th, so called again. Was informed that the problem was in the migration of my account from a Smart Account, it would be sorted and I would have my job completed by Friday 17th.

(This explained why I lost my BT net protect the week before and the BT website said I didn't have BT Broadband)

On Friday 17th after speaking to three different advisers finally a new job was raised.

18.02.2012 Callback from BT advised that my number had been changed but in error to 873690 but it would be sorted out on Monday 20th Feb.

On the 20th called BT and sorted out wrong billing and refund given for contract error. New order raised again to change my number to 873553.

21.02.2012 (today) Email to say Job Done, another wrong renumber, now I have 871271. Phoned BT and job passed to manager and promised callback to confirm job completed. No call had arrived by 16.00 hrs so again called BT. Advisor I spoke with informed me that it was at least 24 hours before I should expect a callback, the advisor I spoke to on Monday was very experienced and they had no control over numbers. She said she would speak to the other advisor. Well this is where we are now, nothing resolved and have been left hanging in the air. No new job raised on My BT and still the refund doesn't show.

I raised a complaint on Saturday 18th, ref. 120218-001118 no contact has been made.

I further raised today 120221-007084.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lost number

Welcome to this forum. This is a BT domestic customer to customer help forum, any messages posted here do not go to BT.

As you do not appear to be making any progress.

First try  Live Chat

If that fails to resolve the issue, please contact one of the UK based BT Care Team who moderate this forum, they should be able to help you.

They can be contacted using this link BT Care Team

They normally respond by phone or e-mail, within three working days.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lost number

Hopefully the number hasn't been dished out to someone else already. If it has it'll be tough luck I think as they can't take the number from someone else. Fingers crossed it's still sat in the pool though 🙂
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings